How does the External Battery and Solar Charger Rental program work?
Optional Equipment rental with additional charges indicated:
- Select from our list of products below. Click the Add to Cart button.
- Fill in the DATE you need to receive the rental; this should be at least 2 days before your trip so that you have time to test the set-up with your machine.
- Think you might need more run-time, then just click on the ADD-A-BATTERY option for $4/day more.
- Add item to cart just like you would if you were purchasing the product(s).
- A refundable security deposit of the full purchase amount is collected during checkout.
- We offer 7-10 day FREE outbound shipping; FedEx 3-, 2-day & Overnight is an additional charge.
- Return the products as soon as you are finished with them; Rental Period may not exceed 60 days.
- Return shipping is the customer's responsibility. USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate Box takes 2-3 days.
- Your deposit is then refunded upon return of ALL rental products in good condition, less rental fees.
- Rental price is $5 - $9/day; see below for additional item charges.
- Important to note that the rental period BEGINS the day the products are SHIPPED, and ENDS the day we RECEIVE it back on our dock. Rentals kept beyond 60 days will be considered "purchased" and are not eligible for rental return, exchange, or refund of deposit.
- RENT-To-OWN: Your rental fees can be applied to the purchase of the same or greater size Battery.
- The Inverter which is included with your CPAP Battery Rental Kit, must be purchased separately.
What is an Inverter?:
- Add a 2nd Battery for: $4/day
- Solar Panel: $4/day
An inverter is a small device that converts DC power to AC power; for
appliances that can not use DC power directly. An inverter plugs
directly into a DC power source and provides AC (wall type) outlets just
like those you are familiar with in your home.
[DC power: Battery; AC power: Wall plug]How do I know if I need to use an Inverter?:
Only the custom Inverter that we supply is guaranteed to work properly with our battery packs. The N-C20000 Battery Pack includes a DC-Out cable that can be used with multiple machines including the Respironics M-Series and System One Series devices, and all DeVilbiss IntelliPAP devices. However, ResMed machines, and Fisher & Paykel machines require the use of an inverter. Ask your CPAP provider if your machine can receive DC power. If your machine can only receive AC power; (like from the wall outlet), then you will need use the Inverter included in your rental order. >>Multiple factors will effect run-time, including but not limited to: machine make & model, pressure settings, altitude, use of humidifier, and use of an Inverter (20% or more loss for each factor).
Because the Inverter keeps the voltage from the battery constant, some DC compatible machines may get more run-time with the Inverter, even though they are able to receive DC power. We suggest trying your DC compatible CPAP to Battery connection with the Inverter, & then without the Inverter to determine best run-time.
>> IMPORTANT: CPAP Manufactures specifically DO NOT recommend the use of the Humidifier with a Battery. Although a Humidifier can be used, run-times will be significantly lower than expected.